The total stock of purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA) in Prague exceeds 28,400 beds. 91% of these capacities are in the ownership of universities and the remaining 9% is provided by the private sector, according to the latest Savills “Student Housing in Prague” report.
Speakers at 2021 Property Investment Outlook 2021, an online event organised by Property Forum, have indicated unbroken market optimism. From living investments through the retail market to the office segment, participants in panel discussions expected positive changes and further growth in the CEE property market.
Multifamily investment has proven to be the most resilient real estate sector in Europe during 2020 and the new core, with a 6% increase year on year and a 17% increase on the past 5-year average, according to Savills.
Operational residential investment (which comprises multifamily, student housing and senior living assets) accounted for 27% of global real estate investment in the first three quarters of 2020, up from just 16% a decade ago, according to the Savills Global Living Report 2020.
Mint Investments has established a new real estate fund which will target people interested in investing in the resi-for-rent sector. MINT rezidenční fond SICAV plans to acquire rental residential buildings in large Czech cities, mainly in Prague and Brno. The fund completed its first €19 million (CZK 500 million) acquisition in the country’s second-largest city – Mint Living Brno Campus comprises 120 apartments as well as office and retail space.
Zeitgeist Asset Management is expanding its portfolio of flats for rent in Poland. JLL advised the investor on the purchase of the property located at 34 Czyżewskiego Street in Gdańsk-Oliwa. The project is being carried out by a Tri-City developer – the BMC group.
Residential investments in Europe used to be the domain of certain specialised investors but that is now changing as other players that have previously invested exclusively in office or retail are looking at investments in the living sector. Maximilian Mendel, Head of Living Investment at JLL in Poland, talked to Property Forum about current trends in CEE residential investment.
CA Immo has leased 1,400 sqm of office space in the Missouri Park office building, currently under construction in Prague 8 – Karlín, to law firm Allen & Overy.
DSV Solutions, an international logistics services provider has extended its current contract at Panattoni Park Sosnowiec I and expanded its leased area by another 2,750 sqm. JLL represented DSV Solutions during negotiations.
Kingfisher, the owner of the Castorama DIY chain in Poland, has leased space in the 7R City Flex Warsaw Airport logistics centre in Warsaw. The centre comprises of three buildings close to Warsaw’s Chopin Airport. The area leased has not been disclosed. The deal was negotiated by Cushman and Wakefield.
Gábor Gratzl has reinforced the WING team as Business Development and Transaction Manager since February 2021. Prior to his current position, he worked as a senior investment advisor for the CBRE Hungary Capital Markets Consulting team for more than five years.
Jana Prokopová has been appointed Leasing & Asset Director for the Czech Republic at Skanska‘s Commercial Development business unit.
Karolina Furmańska has joined the Consulting & Research team of Cushman & Wakefield Poland as a Senior Residential Analyst with responsibility for advisory to PRS clients. Prior to joining C&W, she was a member of JLL’s Living Investment Team, which was responsible for transaction advisory comprising rental apartments, purpose-built student accommodation, co-living and other income-producing assets in the residential sector.
Property Forum is a leading event hub in the CEE real estate industry with nearly 10 years of experience. We organise conferences, business breakfasts and workshops focused on real estate, in London, Vienna, Budapest, Bucharest, Bratislava and Prague, amongst other locations.