The Polish Office Research Forum has published its figures for 2017 for the office market in eight major regional cities in Poland (Kraków, Wrocław, the Tri-City, Katowice, Poznań, Łódź, Szczecin, Lublin). The market data prepared by a team of analysts includes modern office stock, new completions, take-up volumes and vacancy rates.
- At the end of 2017 total modern office stock in eight regional cities amounted to 4,384,900 sqm. The largest regional office markets are Kraków (1,099,600 sqm), Wrocław (905,800 sqm) and the Tri-City (697,800 sqm).
- In 2017, more than 461,000 sqm of office space was completed. The most – 190,400 sqm entered the market in Kraków.
- In eight major regional markets 432,700 sqm remained vacant. The lowest vacancy rates were noted in the Tri-City (8.2%) and Poznań (8.6%).
- Gross take-up in 2017 amounted to 674,600 sqm. The strongest leasing activity occurred in Kraków (200,800 sqm leased) and in Wrocław (169,500 sqm).
- The largest transactions in 2017 include 25,500 sqm for confidential tenant in Nowy Rynek in Poznań, 18,900 sqm owner occupied by Comarch in Kraków and pre-lease by Credit Agricole for 15,500 sqm in Business Garden II in Wrocław.