After the success of Madrid and Milan, the RICS is delighted to announce the European Retail Conference will return in 2019 in a brand-new location – Amsterdam on the 12th February 2019. The focus of the 2019 conference is how innovators, disruptors, and business model shifts are shaking up the retail sector.
Delivered through keynote presentations, question time discussions, case studies and in conversation with talks, the conference will examine timely topics such as:
- Social, economic and investment trends impacting the retail market
- How to revitalise the high street
- Raising the bar: retail disruption
- Spotlight on food and beverage and specialist retail
- Case study: last-mile logistics
- In conversation with a retailer
- How does innovation in retail affect the valuation of shopping malls?
The event will bring together, retailers, landlords, tenants, investors, economists, surveyors and more from around multiple countries across Europe.
The list of speakers will include:
- Richard Lems, Director Format & Design, Rituals – Netherlands
- Rohan Uijlings, Real Estate and Development, Decathlon
- Jeroen Lokerse, Managing Partner, Cushman & Wakefield -The Netherlands
- Tanja Dik, Director of Consumer Products & Services at Royal Schiphol Group
- Leon Goldwater, CEO, We Are Pop Up
- Robèrt Dackus, Research & Concepts, 3W Real Estate
- Bart Vink MRICS, Head of Research & Strategy, Redevco
- Marco van der Wal MRICS, Senior Valuer, Colliers International
- Savino Natalicchio MRICS, Director, Duff & Phelps, and Chair, Retail Professional Group, RICS
Property Forum will be covering the event on all channels. To find out more, please visit here
Retail in action
The day before the conference, RICS is organising a site visit. Visitors can get an exclusive first look at the Mall of The Netherlands and discover how the customer experience is at the heart of the project which will mix retail and food to become a unique retail destination. Visitors can explore the development and hear from the Unibail-Rodamco as they outline their vision for making the mall the most exciting retail destination in Leidschendam-Voorburg.